Category Archives: Meal Planning

Half-Year Grocery Tally 2013

It’s time for a half-year grocery tally! Last year I added up all the food I purchased over the year – not just the cost, but how many of each item. I wanted to know what it would look like

Half-Year Grocery Tally 2013

It’s time for a half-year grocery tally! Last year I added up all the food I purchased over the year – not just the cost, but how many of each item. I wanted to know what it would look like

Running the Numbers on a Veggie Diet

I have been mostly vegetarian for 9 months now and it is feeling like a permanent diet. I use a software program to analyze whether I eat nutritiously. Because, you know, I just would, being exacting and all. I ran

Running the Numbers on a Veggie Diet

I have been mostly vegetarian for 9 months now and it is feeling like a permanent diet. I use a software program to analyze whether I eat nutritiously. Because, you know, I just would, being exacting and all. I ran

Meal Plan vs Meal Actual

Despite what I said in my last post, of course I do meal planning. It works for me for a lot of reasons: My schedule is 75% regular and I can work around the other 25% It’s easy to coordinate

Meal Plan vs Meal Actual

Despite what I said in my last post, of course I do meal planning. It works for me for a lot of reasons: My schedule is 75% regular and I can work around the other 25% It’s easy to coordinate

Why You Shouldn’t Meal Plan

Meal planning isn’t for everyone. It has a lot of drawbacks. If you don’t do meal planning, you have the following advantages: You’re not locked in. Since you haven’t committed in advance to making a shepherd’s pie, you are free

Why You Shouldn’t Meal Plan

Meal planning isn’t for everyone. It has a lot of drawbacks. If you don’t do meal planning, you have the following advantages: You’re not locked in. Since you haven’t committed in advance to making a shepherd’s pie, you are free

Veggie Update # 6: The Half-Year Edition!

Because it’s just a few weeks before year-end, I will do a little wrap-up of my vegetarian experiment this year. We’re well into month 6 of being 95% vegetarians at our house. We eat meat once a week or less

Veggie Update # 6: The Half-Year Edition!

Because it’s just a few weeks before year-end, I will do a little wrap-up of my vegetarian experiment this year. We’re well into month 6 of being 95% vegetarians at our house. We eat meat once a week or less

Do You Need an iPad Mini?

Or any tablet? Probably not, but they’re so much fun. Skip to the end to find out about my indispensable apps! I resisted buying a tablet until now because I was holding out for an all-in-one device. Here are the

Do You Need an iPad Mini?

Or any tablet? Probably not, but they’re so much fun. Skip to the end to find out about my indispensable apps! I resisted buying a tablet until now because I was holding out for an all-in-one device. Here are the

2012 Goal Update: Month 10

It is 5/6 of the way through the year – that is 83% ! I have been reporting my progress on: Going to concerts and movies Reading books and watching DVDs Going to restaurants Making Real Food at home Planned

2012 Goal Update: Month 10

It is 5/6 of the way through the year – that is 83% ! I have been reporting my progress on: Going to concerts and movies Reading books and watching DVDs Going to restaurants Making Real Food at home Planned

Veggie Update # 5: The Reality Edition

Our household became vegetarian on June 1 and it’s a part of our life now. The way we eat isn’t an experiment any more; it feels permanent. For anyone new to the blog, we are a couple, with no kids

Veggie Update # 5: The Reality Edition

Our household became vegetarian on June 1 and it’s a part of our life now. The way we eat isn’t an experiment any more; it feels permanent. For anyone new to the blog, we are a couple, with no kids

Veggie Update #4: Veggie on Vacation!

My spouse Rom and I have been 95% vegetarian (although not vegan) since June 1. We made it through a 4-day Toronto vacation in June, and faced temptation again this month with a week in the UK. I suspected that

Veggie Update #4: Veggie on Vacation!

My spouse Rom and I have been 95% vegetarian (although not vegan) since June 1. We made it through a 4-day Toronto vacation in June, and faced temptation again this month with a week in the UK. I suspected that

Stop Shopping, Start Provisioning!

The Shopping Mindset runs directly counter to my budget! Once upon a time, if you asked me what I was doing on the weekend, I’d say “Having a look around the mall.” Shopping was the activity, and finding something I

Stop Shopping, Start Provisioning!

The Shopping Mindset runs directly counter to my budget! Once upon a time, if you asked me what I was doing on the weekend, I’d say “Having a look around the mall.” Shopping was the activity, and finding something I