Here’s an accounting of progress, or lack thereof, on my goals and resolutions:
Restaurants visited from wish list – 0 – will be choosing one for Valentines week!
Rock concerts – attended or tickets bought this month – 0 – nothing announced that was a must-see
Books read – 2 (was aiming for 4):
The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Random Riggs
DVDs watched: – 0 (brought 3 home and didn’t watch them)
Movies seen : 1 – Iron Lady with Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher
Played Magic the Gathering with spouse – no (he went to his first tournament, though!)
Baked bread – yes – I was delighted that it turned out!
Bought and cooked local meat – no
Made things to buy list – yes:
- coffee maker for work – bought (got stand for coffee maker free from a co-worker!)
- metal ladle & slotted spoon – bought 1 new, 1 used
- yogurt maker – bought online
- smoke detector – bought
- outdoor thermometer – bought
Bought things not on list – yes 😦
- Lion King soundtrack CD (which brings me great joy) – bought used
- scarf organizer
- necklace at flea market for 25 cents
Subscribed to Freecycle – yes
Attended PFLAG – no, because of working evenings, will need to delay to March
Improved driving – hmm, maybe 50%. Still a few errors. Not serious, but def room for improvement!
Organizing and decluttering:
- list of user names and passwords – in progress
- reorganize Link’s studio – no, but repaired filing cabinet
- filing in work office – zero accomplished 😦
- additional project: cleaned out 1 of 3 “junk drawers”
Clothing Inventory and Better Dressing – made list of items needed:
- 2 bras, 2 tank tops (all replacements) – bought
- bathing suit for pool (1st new one since 2006) – bought
- brown shoes (flats) – not yet, deferred to February
Bought one item not on list:
- yoga pants – I admittedly did not need them but I like them very much 🙂
I wore 8 different shirts this month that I had not worn in ages, and I retired 2 sweaters and 1 pair pants that are too shapeless.
In addition to Link’s university fund, and savings for twice-annual property tax bill, I wanted to save $400 for other upcoming expenses, but only saved $375. So much for shopping “off the list”! And, I used $40 in grocery gift certificates (acquired from Airmiles) to stretch the grocery budget to the end of the month.
Overall, I did have a lot of time to get things done in January – except for the one movie, I spent the entire month at home and work, so I felt quite focused!
How was your month?