A lot of things I see every day are unknown in other parts of the world. If you are not a Northerner*, see if you can identify the following items.
Answers to follow in the next post for anything not discussed in the comments!
*If you live in the Canadian Territories, of course I am a Southerner.
1. ↑ What would Canadians say about this chic winter look?
2. ↑ What is this?
3. ↑ A hoe? An edger? Or…?
4. ↑ What does this have to do with Canadian winters?
5. ↑ What are these and why do you give them to children?
6. ↑ What is going on here?
7. ↑ How many snow shovels do you need?
8. ↑ What kind of trip is this for?
9. ↑ Excellent winter tires for these roads! True or False?
10. ↑ Bath mat or winter accessory?
11. ↑ What is this for, winter-wise?
12. ↑ What the heck is going on here?
13. ↑ How might this have happened?
14. ↑ Neither shovel nor snowblower did this job.
15. ↑ What’s this?
↑ A. Montreal, Canada
↑ B. Durham, UK
16. ↑ Of the two news photos above, which had the headline “long Arctic winter,” A or B?
Looking forward to your replies!