Successfully negotiated Costco tonight and bought only what I went in for. These are “luxury” items but last for months and so worth it:
- 2 kg raisins (Sun Maid raisins, can only get the tiny snack boxes at Sobey’s) $7.99
- 3 litres extra-virgin first cold pressed olive oil $19.99 – use for all cooking
- 1 kg organic fair trade coffee beans $17.99 (cost for similar brand is $23 elsewhere) – this will last me 3 weeks, making an 8-cup pot of coffee each day, so that’s 86 cents a day – less than 1 small cup of coffee at Tim Horton’s 🙂
- 1.36 kg decaf ground coffee (no fair trade decaf available) $14.99
- 4.54 kg (10 lbs) local apples $6.99
- 2.5 kg sausages assortment (26 dinner sausages) $16.99
These are the things I normally buy at Costco when I go there about 4 times a year. I also check for soap and laundry detergent. Not sure if this level of buying pays for the membership, though!