Well, not very bad. The good and the mildly annoying?
Pet Peeves This Week (or, evidence that spring has sprung)
- Several weeks into the dandelion season and they will always prevail
- Likewise for black flies!
- Trying to get in the door before the June bugs follow me in
- Religious recruitment teams knocking at my door (I am a polite non-theist)
- Kids squealing their tires in the school parking lot at night
This is all I have to complain about, meaning life is good!
Favourite Things This Week
- Tried bakeapples (cloudberries) for the first time
- Listening to pop music (I am usually anti-pop but I let my guard down)
- Making up vegetarian menus for the weeks ahead
- Pride flag flying at neighbourhood high school
- Today’s rain – we are not getting enough of it
- Reading Bill Bryson’s book At Home – a history of houses, homes and creature comforts (like heating, lighting and cooking)
These are in addition to my all-time favourite things like
whiskers on kittens guzzling lattes and not watching the Stanley Cup play-offs 🙂