I have all these little jobs that I keep postponing until the weekend, and then I carry them over from one weekend to the next. They’re low-priority, but they don’t go away!
Here is my current list, followed by how long I’ve been putting them off. I did a blitz on them today (a day off work), motivated by how many I could cross off before posting this!
- Secure speaker wires to wall (1 month). Completed by Rom today – time taken, 10 minutes
- Bleach dish cloths (3 days). Time taken today – maybe 7 minutes
- Hem pants(trousers) (3.5 months) – do you think I would pay for this? Noooo! Time taken today – (by hand) – 1 hour including ironing and pinning
- Disassemble futon to move from one room to another – will not fit through door (11 months). Time taken today – 40 minutes for the 2 of us – physical labour 😦
- Re-paint worn section of laundry room floor (2 years). Time taken today – 40 minutes including finding and cleaning paint brushes
- Shred pile of documents – 1 month. Time taken today – 20 minutes including cleaning the shredder
- Weeding around trees and shrubs in yard – ongoing – making progress, but by the time I have finished, I will need to start again
- Buy bark mulch for base of trees and shrubs (2 months) – still pending
- Buy decorative gravel to match what is already at foundation of house (2 years) – still pending
- Wash car (1 month) – decided I would do this myself and not spend $9.75 at the car wash. But have not done!
What are the pesky tasks you always put off?