The lovely Viv at rerouted and wherethejourneytakesme has nominated me for the double blog award, “Very Inspiring Blog” and “One Lovely Blog.” I appreciate the shout-out on her blog and I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about 10 of my favourite blogs (other than the above-mentioned, of course – do visit!)
Here they are in random order:
Rachel in Veganland. Rachel and Maddie have just moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains (NC) where they share a home with indoor and outdoor cats and a cute bunny. Lots of photos and recipes. Everything about their life is warm and cuddly!
Livetolist. Sarah is a young professional living in a loft in Sydney AUS and she loves to make lists, like me!
Cash Only Living. A published author and web developer living a grand life in Las Vegas on a budget – who knew that was possible? Also an avid desert trekker.
Chrisbykate. This blog has many musings about political and social issues that are dear to my heart. There are not a huge number of humanist blogs so I value having a kindred spirit out there.
Spendology. Likewise, Keith at Spendology provides a liberal view on our economic times, with some personal finance info on the side.
Canadian Veggie. Canadian Veggie is a newlywed almost-30-year-old from Vancouver who blogs about food, running, cycling and city design. Both members of this couple have socially-responsible careers. I am most impressed by their lifestyle!
Life Commentary with Dr. Ptol. Gemma is a PhD and works in food science, but I read her blog for the reviews of TV shows that I would never normally watch! It gives me a glimpse into a whole other world out there.
FIMBY. Fun in My Backyard is a blog by Renee, a very contemplative homeschooling parent who is attuned to creativity and the outdoors. I love how these kids are being raised (and it is notable that the two parents work from home.)
Canadian Doomer. If you don’t know, a doomer or prepper is someone who knows our present lifestyle is unsustainable, and foresees that civilization as we know it will collapse. Lavette @ Canadian Doomer is getting ready to move from an urban apartment to a remote homestead thousands of km away, and will rely on traditional skills and community sharing to forge a new path.
Rainy Saturday. Amy is a kickass mom to a one-year-old and I love reading her blog because of her very irreverent attitude. Not to mention that Eli is such a cutie.
Now on to part 2 of the blog awards, in which I share 7 random facts about myself:
- As I drive to work, I can name the make and model of almost every car on the road.
- I am a queer ally and have blogged about it here.
- I have a bit of a compulsion to pay musicians for their work. I own about 600 albums and I am old enough to still like listening to albums all the way through!
- Besides the robot toys that were pictured here, my previous collections were wooden toys, trinket boxes and candy tins. All inactive now.
- My pre-librarian jobs included babysitter, swimming instructor, playground leader, grocery clerk, and T-shirt store employee.
- My idea of a boy band is the Bay City Rollers 🙂
- My cats chew on fabric so I have to stow away all clothing, blankets, tea towels and gloves – all the time!
If any of the above bloggers would like to pass on the award to other bloggers of their choice, the “rules” are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Thanks for tuning in!