I travel about twice a year, and plan my trips around seeing relatives, or occasionally going to a work conference. I love going to other cities and seeing the sights, but I love coming back, too! The rest of the year I do not have wanderlust and I like being at home.
The top 10 things I like about returning from a trip are:
10. Going from public to private: from the world of airports and hotel lobbies and taxis and public washrooms to my own private house!
9. The terrain: I like the forests and hills and skies and water and light where I live. I know it’s what I’m used to, but I’m partial!
8. The knowledge: every time I return from a trip, I feel a little wiser and more experienced about the world.
7. No longer spending bucket-loads of money on daily expenses. Back to normal bills!
6. The clean house. Before I leave, I have to take out the garbage and clean the fridge and leave everything decent. When I get back, it’s exactly the same – no wear and tear!
5. My own shower. It’s a familiarity thing – the temperature, the water pressure, my own towels.
4. My own bed. And my own alarm clock.
3. Our own cooking. I love trying different foods wherever I go, but I tire of eating out and look forward to cooking again.
2. Catching up with everyone. Whether it’s my parents or my co-workers or you (my blog readers), it’s nice to be missed and to have people take an interest in where I was and what I did and how I liked it!
And the number one thing I like about returning from a trip is…
1. The cats – who come running to the door to greet me, and forgive me immediately for my absence, and are extra cuddly for a few days after.
Do you like to travel as much as possible or are you more of a homebody? What do you like about returning from a trip?