I hope you are grinning at the title. It’s a joke! I do not have a beauty regime. I just shower and go. Nevertheless, I do seem to accumulate products so I thought I’d show you what I have, à la Lucinda Sans.
I will mention the brand names I have but I’m not especially recommending anything. They just work for me. I work in a scent-free workplace and only use scented products on the weekends.
Left to right, back row:
- OFF bug spray (green tube standing at left), yes with lots of Deet – for mosquito-proofing when I mow the lawn
- Compliments (store brand) unscented oatmeal moisturizer. This is a copy of the Aveeno brand.
- Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner: Thai Lemon Basil. Usually use Garnier Fructis Citrus Mint. These types of scents are very, very well-tolerated at work.
- St. Ives Citrus (grapefruit) body wash. My favourite and has no plastic microbeads in it. Reserved for weekends.
- Dove unscented bar soap. For weekday showers. Small bits used for hand washing at the sink.
- Softsoap (aloe vera/not antibacterial) to refill dispensers for guests. No bar soap for them!
- Toothpaste & floss
- Dry Idea unscented roll-on anti-perspirant (have 2)
Front area of photo:
- 2 tubes of Banana Boat sunscreen. The “natural” one does not absorb well and is more a barrier-type (zinc oxide). The other one is easier to apply. But both work great.
- Little bottle of Murine wetting eye drops, used when overwhelmed by heating or air conditioning, or when travelling
- Clean and Clear. I can’t believe I still get the occasional zit and I am over 50!
- Alberto “Texturizing Gum” to make my hair stand up properly (hand-tousle and go)
- One Step hand sanitizer (kept in purse/backpack)
- Locally made chapstick/ lip gloss tube (I have a few of them and lemon is my favourite)
- Body Shop strawberry body butter and lip gloss. I use these before bed and shower them off in the morning!
- Simple (brand name) facial moisturizer. I use the SPF one in the summer.
- Garnier Ultra-Lift eye cream. Can’t use sunscreen on my eyes! In winter I use the Simple without sunscreen and therefore don’t use eye cream.
Now here is the stuff I own and am not using, but I have a sincere belief I will someday:
At left, a 3-piece set of mango bath products, one extra jar of mango body butter, a 2-piece set of vanilla bath products, an Xmas package of more strawberry Body Shop, and a spray of Victoria’s Secret Love Spell (a scent I used for a long time and still like, but only on weekends/holidays of course)
At the back, a container of baby powder and something many readers will never have seen: a powder puff! (in the blue container/jar) Also, nail polish remover and one new nail polish which I have actually used this year. Then, an anti-perspirant I can’t use because of the baby powder scent, so for days off only.
Nearer to the front I have 3 spare toothbrushes from the dentist’s office (but I do like the brand) and then a herd of sample-size products either bought for travel, or gathered during travel. The only one I really like is the lavender/peppermint body lotion from C.O. Bigelow. It was from our hotel room in NYC and I later learned their historic store was just down the street on 6th Avenue.
That is my travel bag on the right, shown in closeup below.
This contains holders for a regular toothbrush and regular soap. I fill the three containers on the left with shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. The small clear jar (centre) is a mild dish detergent for hand washing clothes (although some shampoos are OK too). The orange circle thingy was intended as a medication holder but I use it for earrings! The 3 random things in there are a lint brush, a small eyeglasses repair kit, and a little sewing kit with needles, pins, thread and buttons.
For the record, I disposed of the last of my make-up, purchased 6 years ago and only used twice; all of my old nail polish which was no longer usable; and 3 colognes which were just not me. I am finding bath products are enough scent for non-work days.
So there you have it; my entire collection of beauty products. I’d be tempted to call it a cleaning kit 🙂
And the items indicated in green? Those are the ones Rom also uses. This is our total products collection for both of us.
Would love to see yours. Any products you recommend?