I track so very many things…it is second nature to me. I know I’m not alone in this, and that’s why I started An Exacting Life!
Here is a list of all the things I track on a regular basis. There might even be more that are subconscious 🙂
- All the money I spend, budget versus actual, and progress toward savings goals
- Savings from coupons and rewards cards
- All the books I read
- All the movies I watch
- All the concerts I attend (I have a life-list of all the concerts I’ve ever seen)
- Songs played on iTunes (lots of stats from SuperAnalyzer software)
- Daily food and exercise (lots of stats from DietPower software)
- Gas mileage for car
In addition, I have some substantial ongoing lists:
- All the clothes I own
- All the groceries I’ve bought this year (will stop with just one sample year!)
- All the websites I’m registered with
- Wish list of music albums I want to buy
- Wish list of movies I want to see
On the other hand, I don’t track who sends me Christmas greetings and who doesn’t, how many people notice my birthday on Facebook, the progress of my garden, or the weather!
About 10 years ago, for a long-distance move, I did a complete home inventory, which is begging to be updated: I guess I have my next project cut out for me!
What do you track? Any unusual inventories?